Ways to Support Grieving
Families & Joel's Place for Children
- Learn our mission and tell people who may be grieving about us. Joel’s Place for Children provides grief support to school-aged children and their families who have experienced the death of someone special in their lives. We hope you’ll never need our services, but know that we are here if you or someone you know does. Learn more about Joel’s Place for Children grief support groups and check out our online grief support resources.
- If you have been touched by grief, or have been involved with Joel’s Place, please consider creating your own fundraising page to let your friends and family know why the mission of Joel’s Place matters to you. Visit our GiveLively page HERE, and watch a video on how to create your own personal fundraising page HERE.
- Grief can feel so isolating. Use this as a chance to remember fondly, and teach people the power of peer support when you are grieving.
- Host an event or a sale and donate some of the profits to Joel’s Place. Whether it’s yoga classes, bake sales, a music concert or something else, share your passion and donate a portion of the funds to help our grieving families.
- Dedicate the event to the memory of someone you love and raise money for Joel’s Place for Children as you train. Create a personal fundraising page on GiveLively to tell your story and collect donations! Watch a video on how to create your own personal fundraising page here.
- When you shop Amazon by visiting smile.amazon.com and selecting Joel’s Place as your charitable organization of choice, AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to Joel’s Place. Learn more here, then set a bookmark so you’ll remember to shop Amazon Smile for the same experience of Amazon, but also giving back!
There are numerous ways to partner with us and serve those in grief. Some involve providing compassionate care and support. Others involve administrative support, event planning, raising funds and community outreach. View our Volunteer page for more information about volunteer opportunities and our Events page for previous and upcoming event information.
- Thanks to the generosity of our community, all programs and services are provided at no cost to bereaved children, adults, and families at Joel’s Place for Children. Joel’s Place for Children is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent by law. Our tax identification number is 14-1912868. Donate now.